Life and Health Insurance Fraud: An Industry Overview
There is no single tool capable of defeating insurance fraud. In a wide-ranging paper and guide, RGA shares insights into fraud detection and prevention trends, techniques, and technologies at the RGA Fraud Conference. Insurers must be proactive and prepared to adapt nimbly, to keep pace with fraudsters. Find simple steps all insurers can take here.
The Risk of Anti-Selection in Protection Business from Advances in Statistical Genetics
Four-part webcast series presents new research and explores potential implications for the insurance industry.
Underwriting Presentations from M.U.D. 2018
Slides from presentations given at the 48th annual M.U.D. Conference have been posted at their website. Presentations include:
- The Population is Abusing Drugs, but Are Drugs Abusing Insurance?
- Update from the Cuckoo’s Nest: Mental Health Underwriting
- Electronic Medical Records - State of the Union Update
- The Rise and Fall of Liver Biopsy
- Prostate Cancer- To screen or not to screen that is the question
- Through Thick and Thin – Red Blood Cell Disorders
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Evaluating Those with a Big Heart
- Using Third Party Scoring in Accelerated Underwriting
- Data Analytics & Underwriting: Are 20th-century regulations still appropriate for 21st-century underwriting?
- Anti Aging, Youthful Medication, Longevity/HGH
- Mind the Gap- Understanding the influence of anti-selection and various holes in the underwriting process of accelerated versus traditional underwriting
Genetic Testing Could Cause Anti-selection But Also Have Positive Impact on In-Force Book
Christian Mumenthaler, CEO of Swiss Re, discusses the impact technology may have on longevity risk, and on the life re/insurance industry. Recorded at the 14th Global Ageing Conference in Zurich.
Genetic Testing – What Does the Crystal Ball Really Reveal?
Knowing the basics of genetic testing and its underlying science is the first step in understanding genetic testing’s potential impact on insurance. Genetic testing is best defined as the analysis of DNA, RNA, chromosomes, proteins and metabolites in relation to heritable risks, traits, and conditions.
Industry Survey Insights: The Impact of Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drug Use on Anti-Selection
A recently commissioned study by Hank George, Inc. surveyed 110 direct-writing U.S. and Canadian life insurance carriers on fully underwritten businesses. The survey covered a variety of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use topics*. ExamOne asked consultant and former risk management director at Allstate Financial, Eric Hjerpe, to outline and expand upon some of the findings and trends he extracted from the survey results.
The Rising Tide of Genetic Data – New Challenges for Life & Health Insurance
The understanding and application of genetic data is redefining medical diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. As this area continues to advance, it’s set to adjust, maybe even to reshape, the Life and Health insurance business model within the next 20 years.
Genetics – a Testing Time for Insurers?
This paper looks at the broader future implications of genetic testing for society, medical professionals and the insurance industry
The Answer May Depend On How You Ask the Question
This article from RGA considers how Behavioral Economics (BE) principles can be applied to the design of questions on insurance applications in order to elicit better responses
Investigating Life Insurance Fraud and Abuse
To better understand the challenges fraud presents, RGA has reached out to life insurers: We surveyed insurance companies, conducted informational interviews, held discussions at the 2016 RGA Annual Fraud Conference, and conducted our own internal research of claims experience.