Underwriting Presentations from the 2017 SEHOUA Meeting
Slides from presentations delivered at the 2017 Southeastern Home Office Underwriters Association have been posted at the SEHOUA site. Presentations include:
- Analytics – Mind versus Matter
- Pharmacogenetics: Relevant or Not?
- Give Credit Where Credit is Due – The Value of Credit in Life Underwriting
- The Underwriting Profession at Risk: 4 Steps to Manage Career Morbidity
- Underwriting the High Mileage Applicant
- The Meaning of Underwriting
- Life after Bariatric Surgery
- Mental Illness Update
Bariatric Surgery – Cure-all for Serious Obesity?
The global trend for obesity has been accompanied by an increased interest in bariatric surgery. The impact of bariatric surgery can be impressive: after the operation, patients lose weight rapidly and, over time, associated conditions such as impaired glucose tolerance (including type 2 diabetes) and mild hypertension may no longer be evident. But how sustainable are the treatment results and what do they mean for risk analysis in life and disability insurance?
Why Surgery Isn't Always a Silver Bullet for Obesity
Obesity is both preventable and reversible. But for those whose weight has spiralled out of control into severe obesity, controlling it and losing it through diet and exercise alone often proves ineffective.
Housecalls Underwriting Case Studies & Insights: Fibromuscular Dysplasia and Bariatric Surgery
The latest edition of Score Global Life's Housecalls includes underwriting case studies on Fibromuscular Dysplasia and Bariatric Surgery.