Life underwriting professionals are experiencing a paradigm shift in modus operandi, driven by the introduction of automation initiatives. Multiple consulting studies and analyses indicate that automation in underwriting is a valid business need. The coevolution of humans and technology must be supported by business strategies that focus on identifying necessary underwriting skill sets. The convergence of the art of underwriting and the science of technology presents many challenges. Insurers and reinsurers must plan accordingly.
Slides from presentations delivered at the 2017 Southeastern Home Office Underwriters Association have been posted at the SEHOUA site. Presentations include:
- Analytics – Mind versus Matter
- Pharmacogenetics: Relevant or Not?
- Give Credit Where Credit is Due – The Value of Credit in Life Underwriting
- The Underwriting Profession at Risk: 4 Steps to Manage Career Morbidity
- Underwriting the High Mileage Applicant
- The Meaning of Underwriting
- Life after Bariatric Surgery
- Mental Illness Update
If you work in sales or underwriting, you're in especially high demand.